As if the creepy 70’s porn star mustache weren’t a dead give away already (and if his inexplicable dismissal of the Philadelphia Black Panthers voter intimidation case didn’t clue you in either), Eric Holder has outdone himself scummy with his decision to hold 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s trial in NYC. I really don’t see how this is a good idea in any way, shape, or form, except for maybe this moves saves some sort of political face with some Frenchman who’d be speaking German right now were it not for the US. Hours, pages could be devoted to why this plan is dangerous, but I’ll list a couple without much explanation.
1. These were not US citizens; this was done as an act of war by a group at the time protected by the standing government of Afghanistan. In short, this was an act of war and should be treated as such with a military tribunal.
2. It is dangerous to treat war criminals with the same rights and priveleges as typical US criminals. The manner in which these terrorists were caught, detained, and questioned could easily make the cases ripe for much further delay at best, and mistrials at worst.
3. Umm, impartial jury? yeah. ok. joke. Now go back and read #2 again.
4. As a semi-continuation of point #2, treating these terrorists under the US judicial system inevitably opens the CIA and our military for unnecessary scrutiny (yes, I’m sure many liberals want this because Bush lied or some shit, but a terrorist’s trial is not the appropriate forum). The morale of those who try to protect us does not need to be sunk even lower. It’s bad enough they have BHO as their commander-in-chief who is letting them die unassisted in Afghanistan; who is too much of a pussy to call a terrorist a terrorist; who will not cause an act of terrorism anything but a “man-made disaster.” F.U.
5. NYC automatically becomes an even greater target than it has already been. One can only guess at how many other fanatical Muslim men would jump at the chance to win a pile of afterlife virgins and detonate a bomb on their backs in the vicinity of the area these terrorists will be held and tried. If you’ve ever been to NYC, you know how next to impossible it is to prevent such a thing, no matter what the NYPD says.
Why invite all of this Holder? Obama? Oh yeah, because they ran a campaign smearing the perfect plan that is Gitmo. Because they made a case out of Gitmo where there barely was one except to the likes of Keith Olbermann and maybe someone in Paris. Really, the alternative? that’s right… they can’t find one, because there is no better way to imprison terrorists than a jail away from civilization and under the control of our outstanding American. Ugh. It will be gratifying that in just a few short weeks, Obama’s very first campaign promise to close Gitmo will be broken out of necessity… because the US, Obama needs Gitmo no matter how unfairly and shamefully it was trashed.
When you have the time, take a look at Steven Crowder’s video from Gitmo. It’s long, but worth it. A lot going on here.
“Our president has referred to their operation as nothing more than a stain on America’s standing in the world. Their commander condeming Gitmo for his own political gain has by default made them out to be monsters. And, of course, the media follows suit.”