1. get a group of “celebrities”
2. Have said “celebrities” dumb-down and trivialize a complex, dire issue by demonizing rich insurance executives.
3. Make up statistics
What a load of steaming, pretentious shit. I tend to know I’m on the right side of an argument when out-of-touch, over-paid, egotistical hollywood hypocrites are on the opposite end of the issue from me. Unbelievable: Class warfare waged by people who don’t have to worry about the govt takeover of health insurance since they belong to SAG and, conveniently, unions are exempt from Obamacare. Why is that? Hmm. It is idiotic to think that this entire problem dwindles down to the salaries of a few insurance company execs, because, ya know, there’s so little competition out there. I don’t hold it against celebrities – they get paid to act stupid. And I’m pretty sure if they sited that 80% stat there’d be a footnote up Will Ferrell’s ass. Interesting note pointed out by allah @hotair:
Will Ferrell Salary
- Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (2006): $20,000,000
- Bewitched (2005): $20,000,000
- Kicking & Screaming (2005): $20,000,000
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004): $7,000,000
No one who pocketed $20 million for any movie, let alone Bewitched and Talladega Nights, has any room to talk about overpaid execs.